- A Pineapple Centerpiece surrounded with fragrant Tangerines & festive colored candy adornment
- Fruit Salad positioned at each end and a Veggie Salad consisting of Carrots, Broccoli, Celery, Cherry Tomato Platter in the middle
- Platters with Homemade Chinese Noodles & Dumplings were quickly devoured
- A Homemade Chinese Cake of gelatin with coconut bits also displayed
- We sipped Apple Juice and my experimental Chai Tea--a big hit; absolutely delicious & invigorating!
A fter consuming several cups of tea and filling our plates two or three times with the delicious delights, we opened our discussion by honoring the Cao & Wu families. I thanked Yan Cao for assisting in the cultural authenication of our celebration. And, I read about each day of the Chinese New Year, what it signifies, how it is observed, who each day honors and the foods to be consumed that day. After reading about the last day, I yelled, 'Gung Hay Fat Choy!' and released a confetti popper to everyone's amused amazement.